Friday 6 February 2009

Shorebreak

This is going to sound weird but I've always felt that the sea gives me strength. And the longer I'm away from it, the weaker I feel. Having grown up on the coast and pretty much spending every single holiday or weekend on the beach, I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.

I enjoy living in London, but deep down I know it's not somewhere I could live for the rest of my life. There's simply no sea.

Anyway, I saw the above photo the other day and it reminded me just how much I miss the ocean. If you've ever been for a body surf in the shorebreak you'll know what I'm talking about. Particularly if you've been for a session along the Durban North coast line in South Africa. It always offers a massive shorebreak and ensures you leave with sand everywhere. Two days afterwards you can still dig bits of sand out your ears!

I heart the ocean and long for it everyday I'm here.

No comments: