Tuesday 10 February 2009

Track Me Down

When I arrived in London (around 5 years ago), one of my first purchases was a cool (well I thought so at least) olive green casual jacket. It's kind of army styled with a hood and super warm. It went with me everywhere. I honestly think I paid £10 for it on a sale at Foxhole (they went under many moons ago). The only negative is that it isn't waterproof.

I then earned my first pay cheque and bought a smarter work coat. Boring and black but warm and professional looking. Not for weekend wear!

Then I was introduced to howies and fell in love with their clothing. For a while now I've been eyeing out a few potential jackets on their website. Sadly, they've always been just out my price range. That was until their recent sale. Low and behold, I got my new Tracker jacket in the post this morning and all I can say is that it is f**king awesome! It doesn't look waterproof (generally most jackets that are, make you look like a wannabe snowboarder cruising the streets of London), but with it being made from Epic cotton, water runs off it like a duck's back. And trust me, it got tested! If you were in London today you would understand why.

Yes it cost quite a bit more than my £10 jacket but it looks, feels and preforms a hundred times better. And now I can stay dry in style.

It won't be too hard to track me down, I don't think I'm ever going to take it off.

Buy your own howies Tracker jacket
Read all about Epic cotton (Thanks Rapha for the explanation and I hope you don't mind me using your stunning image?)

No comments: